With your help, The Sunset Hills Children’s Foundation Works…
Sunset Hills Children’s Foundation Scholarship –
- Provides a substantial scholarship to students in the High Desert who have experienced a tragic event in their lives.
- A $20,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student who is selected by Foundation Board Members on the Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship can be used at student’s post-secondary school of choice.
- Our Scholarship is the largest Scholarship awarded in the High Desert.
Ryan Cambridge Memorial Scholarship –
- The Foundation is the caretaker of the Ryan Cambridge Memorial Scholarship.
- Each year, $5000 is awarded to students who are pursuing a career in the construction, trade or building related industries.
- Monies for this scholarship are intended to stay in the Victor Valley!
High School Grief Support Group –
- In 2011, the “Teen Grief Support Group” was launched at Apple Valley High School.
- 9-week per-semester program offers a safe place for students to discuss their feelings with others who have suffered comparable loss.
- Trained facilitators and student peers oversee the program and work closely with accredited counselors.
- The program benefits as many as 100 students per year within high desert school districts.
Memory Bear –
- Plush Teddy Bears are given to children who walk through our Mortuary doors.
- Each bear holds inside its heart a personal item belonging to the individual who just passed away.
- The child will have something they can keep close and a memory they can carry for the rest of their lives.
- Teddy bears reduce stress, anxiety and help begin the healing process.